Monday, November 9, 2009

Back on Track

It took some selling, but after a minute or so I convince Amy to rig a 4.2 instead of 3.7. She usually ends up being under powered and I feel she will enjoy her sesssion more by rigging up. I give her a bunch of great reasons to go 4.2, but in the end it's seeing that the new North is purple that closes the deal. Go figure.
I make my way to the water and cautiously beach start. My stitches have been out for only two days now and I want to keep my cut as dry as possible, though the biggest challenge for me is resisting the the temptation to freestyle. I see perfect ramps every where and the need to rotate something is almost unbareable. I fight the temptation and sail over to Amy, who is practicing her jibe. She makes one clean so I throw her a wave and a smile which she sees and is pumped.
It's not always what you do on the water, but who you share the water with that makes windsurfing fun, and even just jibing and tacking can be a great time if the people you sail with are stoked. It feels good to be on the water again, and I'm looking forward to all the adventures that winter sailing has to offer.

1 comment: