Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Learning to Loop....again

I am not an ambi-looper! Like Derek Zoolander couldn't turn left I cannot loop to the right. In fact, the thought of a Starboard tack foward seems so unnatural that I have trouble even visualizing the move.
 With the wind is turning on for the season I am setting the goal to learn to loop again, and I'm going to do it by the end of April. I'm giving myself one month to re-learn on of the most notorisous of tricks, so if any of you non loopers out there (or non ambi loopers) are interested I will be posting my progress everytime I sail.
I'm hoping that the thought of writing about not attempting to loop during each session will keep me accountable to going for it everytime I sail until I reach my goal of being an ambi looper.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that. Remember to wear a wetsuit for padding.

    ReplyDelete