Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Finally, Some Wind!

Even though todays big forecast was a bust for the Delta, the past two days brought in some wind for Sherman. The wind quality was less than perfect, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Based on stats, I expected to be on the water 15 and 20 days this month, so far I have 3 (and I havn't missed any opportunity). Needless to say we were all stoked to have anything at all.
Monday saw a fairly strong mid afternoon session which I sailed my 4.2 for about an hour. Derek was around so we went back and forth doing some freestyle and cruising until the wind dropped off. At this point, Alex (who I advised to cut class at UC Davis) showed up. I felt bad because I thought he got skunked, but within an hour the wind was back blowing solid 5.0.
Tuesday was very up and down, basically you could have rigged any size you wanted and it would have been right. For the most part, that's what happened. Guys (and Lisa) were rigged anywhere from 4.8 to 8.0, and we all had our moments.
As far my starboard loop quest, I made my first two (out of six possible) attempts on Monday. It was  as scarey on starboard as it was the first time on Port, but I know from experience that the move is mostly mental so I'm focussed on just going for it.  Hopefully the wind will stay a while so I'll have a chance of making my goal to land one by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment