Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where are you Wind?

Maybe the sailors in the Bay Area are doing better, but out here in the delta the winds have been miserable. Based on wind data, I was expecting somewhere between 15 to 20 days this month, so far I have 1. It's almost unbearable to sail so few days; perhaps I'll need to organize a support group soon.
I feel like I'm stuck in the movie "surfer dude" (which is play instant on netflix if you're down on account of the skunkage).
Does anyone have a solution? Can you point me in the direction of wind?
So anyway, a big "F-U" to El Nino, for screwing up the winds this season. I hope you go to hell and die.

3 comments:

  1. Sucks that you haven't had any wind out there. We've been behind the ball in sailable days ere in NY too. Thank god for Hatteras! I second the "Surfer Dude" movie in times that are lacking in the wind dept. I saw it in when the wind disappeared for 3 weeks last season and was in a deep depression. It was great to see that we're not the only ones that need the wind a water to live.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie also turned me on to an artist named "Mishka", a Jack Johnson like singer who used to be a pro windsurfer. Great music.

    ReplyDelete