Saturday, May 8, 2010

Behold: The Ambi Looper

Yesterday, four years after landing my first loop on port, I became a looper on both tacks. Only this time, it took a mere 8 tries from my first attempt to actually landing a foward.
Learning to loop starboard confirmed what I already knew, that the loop is not technichally difficult but a mental manuvour. By controlling my thoughts and committing to the move from the start, I was able to quickly overcome the challenge with an extremely short learning curve.
Now it's time to complete my experiment with loops and see if I can transfer this advice to someone who has never looped before and get them to land one as quickly. I know it's possible, especially since I've met people who can loop but not jibe. Just remember, it's all in your head. Commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment