Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Putting your Hero on Hold

It's no overstatement to call Francisco Goya a hero of mine, especially after watching him sail at Pistol River this past June. The guy goes huge! So when he called the shop the other day to see how business was doing, it broke my heart to have to put the World Champion wave sailor on hold, three times! I was the only guy in the shop, so I had to be available to the customers as they approached the register with questions.
I felt so bad, it would be like working at a Foot Locker and taking a phone call from Michael Jordan. "Hold on MJ, some one needs a size 12." How ridiculous? Well after speaking to Francisco for a bit, I'd have to say he's one of the nicest and most humble guys I've ever met, sorry for putting you on hold, hope to see you on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment