Monday, April 23, 2012

Hatteras Trip Part 1

It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm standing waste deep in the middle of the Palmico Sound, fully clothed, getting ready to pull myself back onto the SUP board I just fell off of.
Everyone else was wearing wetsuites except for me, I argued that it was unnceccasry. Of course, this argument was made before Ken made it clear that I would be towing behind the Catamaran on a surf board and not actually sitting on the boat. That information may have influence my decision to stay clothed, but non the less the water was very warm and so was the air, so it didn't seem like such a bad idea to leave my jeans on.
Managing to keep my shirt dry as I climb back onto the board I become aware that the other Cat is heading straight for me. Yelling at them to stop is useless. The pontoon hits the board and directs upward into my ribs, pushing me back into the water with some force. I am now completely wet from head to toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment